Written by Mariem ELTagoury
Let’s start our day with a prayer for those who lost their lives and were injured during yesterday’s violent bomb attack in Nasr City, a prayer for Egypt’s safe return, and a prayer for Syria and its people as they await a bigger bombing anytime soon. May all you Cairenes enjoy a quiet, relaxing Friday for a change. Here’s a few links to help you chill.
- “When our children are elders their children will call this time we live in ‘the era of wounded dreams’ when systems openly assassinated imaginations.” Wage Beauty hits a chord in our hearts at our moments of weakness & sorrow with this video.
- And as we struggle to reach out to our inner humanity, here are a few thought provoking realizations to make you feel better about life.
- Another hope for the world; young women fight extremism in Iran by…. fashion.
- Trying to deviate from politics and the likes; have you ever been interested in palmistry, aka palm reading? Here’s a fun read about what your hands could be saying about you.
- I know everyone is way over Sex and the City but honestly, Carrie did inspire a lot of things in me. Here’s a list of everything that one could learn from Carrie Brawdshaw by Jessica Tholmer who never fails to make me smile.
- Pepsi’s new music mixes are trending fast online and personally, I love sharing anything that includes ‘ELSet – The Lady’ so here’s ELJoker’s new rap mix “Ekhtar Mkanak”
- Moving on to a topic that involves our health; is it possible that the ‘balady’ toilet we despise was actually healthier than the modern one?! Check out this video and see for yourself.
- Ladies feel proud! Find out about these 25 things women invented.
- We’re sure this is just a coincidence and the fact that I came across it in the beginning of September is too!
- Lastly, this clever ad from DTAC (a mobile phone service provider) in Thailand holds a silent message that will leave you thinking.