Written by Mariem ELTagoury
Good day everyone! Hope you’ve had a couple of peaceful weekends, without protests, like ours. Let’s hope the curfews end as well. We’re missing the city that never sleeps. But until then, here’s all what’s groovy online to keep your nights entertained.
• World’s 10 humans with real superpowers!
• Still being a potter head at heart, here are 5 other ‘Harry Potter’ spin-off movies J.K. Rowling should write.
• Couldn’t stop laughing at this hilarious video about the new Iphones!
• Reasons to have faith in humanity – start by being human.
• Here’s some helpful info about one of our fundamental Egyptian traditions; napping!
• This is why I’m a huge fan of road trips.
• ‘Friends’ addiction taken to a whole new level.
• Is this the most extraordinary human brain ever seen?
• 27 Survivors Of Sexual Assault Quoting The People Who Attacked Them.
• In case you’ve forgotten, here are 10 Photos To Remind You How Beautiful Egypt Is.
• This is hard to believe!
• Too funny for words!
• And lastly, since the Emmy’s were this week here’s something for the Breaking Bad addicts.
I am a graduate from German University Cairo. Reading novels is my passion and writing is my release. My guilty pleasures include fashion & playing around with my make-up kit.
A couple of years back when I was introduced to the online world, back in 2007; I was quite surprised that in spite of the presence of thousands of young Egyptians who follow the online sphere daily, there wasn’t one site that represented us or our lifestyle. [Later we’d come to see the rise of the political, religion, social-elite, and foodie websites, but still the voice of the average Cairene youth was missing.]
I was glad to find out that I wasn’t the only one who had the feeling of the outsider on the internet, that’s why I decided to gather a team to fill a gap & finally find our place online and give Cairo’s youth a real voice that reflects its true culture. I hope you find our site interesting with a new view of life.
Besides running the magazine & editing, I write the “Sans Sugarcoating” column, pardon my french, and a couple of other stuff around here!
If you want to contact me, my email is [email protected]; you can also use our contact form or email directly to [email protected]