Written by Mariem ELTagoury
• This concept of taking a photo everyday for a certain number of years to watch the changes seems to be quite a trend now.
• Disney Princesses dress as pop culture characters for Halloween
• An interesting must read about subconscious mistakes our brains make.
• CAREER REVOLUTION! DOWN WITH THE OFFICES! 8 Indisputable Reasons Why We Don’t Need Offices.
• A mind disturbing video showing how ‘adults’’ ideals of beauty affect children.
• On a more romantic note, this is one man who knows how to ‘understand’ a woman.
• Slang terms from the 90s! Boy, are we getting old!
• Your weekly dose cuteness! (and this dad is totally epic!)
• It’s super cool how this Icelandic indie-folk group used a German train station to their advantage for the performance of an ancient Icelandic hymn.
• Lastly, if you like us are trying to take tips from the pros for successful careers and lives, here are 5 Things Super Successful People Do Before 8 AM
I am a graduate from German University Cairo. Reading novels is my passion and writing is my release. My guilty pleasures include fashion & playing around with my make-up kit.
A couple of years back when I was introduced to the online world, back in 2007; I was quite surprised that in spite of the presence of thousands of young Egyptians who follow the online sphere daily, there wasn’t one site that represented us or our lifestyle. [Later we’d come to see the rise of the political, religion, social-elite, and foodie websites, but still the voice of the average Cairene youth was missing.]
I was glad to find out that I wasn’t the only one who had the feeling of the outsider on the internet, that’s why I decided to gather a team to fill a gap & finally find our place online and give Cairo’s youth a real voice that reflects its true culture. I hope you find our site interesting with a new view of life.
Besides running the magazine & editing, I write the “Sans Sugarcoating” column, pardon my french, and a couple of other stuff around here!
If you want to contact me, my email is [email protected]; you can also use our contact form or email directly to [email protected]