Written by Mariem ELTagoury
• If you’ve been considering – or being pressured – to become a doctor, here’s a few sacrifices you might want to consider first!
• Babies who understand your relationship to food. Cute?!
• Those who are not Taylor Swift fans have not heard the words of wisdom she drops in her songs and life.
• Since everybody seems to be moving, or planning to move, to Canada; here are 50 facts about your new found home!
• If you just like travelling for fun, welcome to my world! Here’s a list of 10 mistakes we all do abroad.
• 33 dumbest things that ever happened!
• 30 unforgettable photos.
• Have you been wandering why you lose so many friends in your twenties? I bring you the answer(s)
• “The only thing you have to worry about after plastic surgery is the explaining you’ll have to do to your children.” What do you think of this Taiwanese ad?
• Lastly, a mermaid was found on Egyptian shores!
I am a graduate from German University Cairo. Reading novels is my passion and writing is my release. My guilty pleasures include fashion & playing around with my make-up kit.
A couple of years back when I was introduced to the online world, back in 2007; I was quite surprised that in spite of the presence of thousands of young Egyptians who follow the online sphere daily, there wasn’t one site that represented us or our lifestyle. [Later we’d come to see the rise of the political, religion, social-elite, and foodie websites, but still the voice of the average Cairene youth was missing.]
I was glad to find out that I wasn’t the only one who had the feeling of the outsider on the internet, that’s why I decided to gather a team to fill a gap & finally find our place online and give Cairo’s youth a real voice that reflects its true culture. I hope you find our site interesting with a new view of life.
Besides running the magazine & editing, I write the “Sans Sugarcoating” column, pardon my french, and a couple of other stuff around here!
If you want to contact me, my email is [email protected]; you can also use our contact form or email directly to [email protected]