Written by Mariem ELTagoury
Want to contribute to the rising Cairene entertainment online Magazine written by Cairene youth just for Cairene youth?! Good news; we’re now accepting! If you’ve wanted to get involved here at Cairo Contra, read on for all the details!
We will be accepting applicants from 31/8/2016 till 15/9/2016.
Who we’re looking for?
The ideal candidate would be young Cairenes from high school, college or fresh grads, passionate about what they write about, responsible, hardworking, self-motivated, creative, and organized. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience, topic-related or not. (Personal blogs count!) Applicants must be able to handle working to meet deadlines.
Social Media Director’s responsibilities include: includes managing several social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, and/or Instagram account(s)) and planning social media campaigns.
Creative Crew members’ responsibilities include: creating teaser videos, photography, montage, and editing.
Why join Cairo Contra?
This is an excellent opportunity if you’re interested in the creative industry and want to expand your portfolio and get your name out there; if you want to truly explore the field of this career; or if you take your hobby seriously and are will to commit to deadlines to advance your skills.
Social Media Director and Creative Crew will be able to expand their experience and portfolios as well. Perks of being a CC team talent include having a fun experience and networking. Also, since this is an online position, you’ll be able to work from any location and choose your own hours.
How to Apply?
If you’re interested in joining Cairo Contra, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Creative Crew” or “Social Media Director” as the subject, including the following:
- If you’re applying for Social Media Director send a description of yourself in 100 words. (please include your age and school/college/major/job).
- If you’re applying for Social Media, please suggest at least 5 creative methods to increase fan base for the website via social media.
- If you’re applying for a position in the Creative Crew, send a creative video or design about yourself. If it is a video duration should be 3 minutes or less. (please include your age and school/college/major/job)
- If you’re applying for Creative Crew; send us a sample of your photography/videography/designs – whichever is your talent – with proof of editing skills.
- Information about any other relevant experiences that make you qualified for the position.
Applicants who are primarily accepted will have to go through an interview for final selection. We just want to make sure you’re perfect for the job! CVs and cover letters are traditional and boring, and we highly appreciate creativity so give it your best shot and show us your colourful side.
*N.B: The positions mentioned above are internship/volunteer work, with experience as the main goal of these positions. The Cairo Contra Team does not offer salaries or any stable monetary rewards for that matter.