Want to contribute to the rising Cairene entertainment online Magazine written by Cairene youth just for Cairene youth?! Good news; we’re now accepting! If you’ve wanted to get involved here at Cairo Contra, read on for all the details!
Who we’re looking for?
The ideal candidate would be young Cairenes from high school, college or fresh grads, with leadership skills, passionate, responsible, hardworking, self-motivated, creative, and organized. Preference will be given to candidates with prior blogging/writing experience, topic-related or not. (Personal blogs count!) Applicants should have a strong command of the English language (spelling and grammar are very important) and must be able to handle a deadline.
Editors’ responsibilities include: He or she reviews an article or piece to correct any errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, improve or suggest improvements for the flow or readability of the text, create the captions, pull-out quotes and the like, and assure the piece’s content adheres to the publication’s formatting and ethical standard. They should also follow the editorial calendar, discuss writers feedback writers and are capable of publishing (using wordpress). Editors are required to be available for editing on a daily basis online.
[editors have the choice whether to write and edit or only edit]
How to Apply?
If you’re interested in joining Cairo Contra; send an email to email@example.com, with “Editor” as the subject, including the following:
- Samples of your writing about your topic of choice [choose from one of the magazine’s topics] within a 500 words limit (include at least one related photo) in an attached word document.
- A description of yourself in 100 words. (please include your age and school/college/major/job)
- A list of ways with which you’d like to tackle your chosen topic creatively
- Information about any other relevant experiences that make you qualified for the position.
- Include which topics you’d like to apply for – if you want to write while editing – and a list of ways with which you’d like to tackle your chosen topic creatively.
- Please, include whether or not you have WordPress experience.
You will also have to undergo a written test and an interview. We just want to make sure you’re perfect for the job! CVs and cover letters are traditional and boring, and we highly appreciate creativity so give it your best shot and show us your colourful side.
*N.B: This position is internship/volunteer work, with experience as the main goal. The Cairo Contra Team does not offer salaries or any stable monetary rewards for that matter.
If you have any further questions please free to leave a comment below, ask us on our Facebook page, or send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org