Written by Mariem ELTagoury
Good day beauties! In the last two episodes, we’ve been discussing how to walk in heels, how to buy the right pair of heels and this month is our last episode which includes tips for shoe shopping. Today I’ll take you through a few tips for picking the right style of shoe to flatter your beautiful body shape, and how to be a smart shoe shopper.
Different Body Shapes
We all have our self-conscious zones and stuff we like to flaunt. Here’s a list of stuff to keep in mind while shoe shopping for your body type:
• Short legs: avoid ankle straps and t-straps; they make looks shorter. Nude colored shoes at length. Also, try opened toe shoes or shoes with skinny vamps.
• Long/large feet: avoid pointed shoes as they give the illusion of extra length. Rounded and open-toe shoes are a good option.
• Wide feet: pointed shoes might be uncomfortable for your foot type. Opt for rounder toe shapes.
• Large ankles: avoid ankle straps; they make the ankles look wider. Try pumps they offer a slimming look to legs.
• Skinny legs: Do buy ankle straps to assume more size. If long boots look big or strange on you, try leg warmers with them. They offer bulk inside the boot and the fun colors are quite fashionable peeking out from winter boots.
• Plus-sized: COMFORT RULE; your weight is inversely proportional to your heel height. The more you weigh, the shorter the heel should go. If you want to add height but maintain comfort, try platforms or chubby heels but avoid stilettos as they don’t offer much support.
• Foot problems/injury recovery: this isn’t exactly a shape but it shouldn’t be over looked. Whilst minimal heel is preferable, chunky heels & platforms could be your best friend. Always look for a shoe with a wide vamp, or with laces to offer extra grip and support to the foot.
When to Splurge on Shoes?
• Professional shoes: these are shoes you’ll live in everyday for the office. They should look great while still being comfortable.
• Classics: hopefully you’ve reached that age where your feet stopped growing. Now you can splurge on timeless black pumps and nude heels.
• High heels: when buying high heels, I’d strongly suggest you visit a more reliable brand/store than the cheaper options. As discussed last month, the structure and anatomy of the heel will make a huge difference on how comfortable the shoe shall be hence, it will affect your health and how long you will you keep that shoe on. (You do not want to be one of these girls who takes off her shoes mid party and ends up with filthy soles. It’s unhealthy, trampy & disgusting!)
When to Save on Shoes?
• Flats: as long as they’re comfortable with a reasonable heel, there’s no reason to splurge on this one.
• On trend shoes: it’s in now, it’s out tomorrow. Don’t splurge on something that won’t last.
Where are your favorite places to shop for heels? Have you found these tips useful? Would you like to add some more tips of your own? Please tell us what you think in the comments section below. What would you like us to “decipher” next month? Please tell us in the comments section below or via our email email@example.com