Looking for a fun working experience doing something you love? Are you a talented young photographer/videographer? A designer looking for a platform to expose your work?
The Crew is in charge of the visual aspects of the magazine and is constantly communicating back and forth with the chief editor. Their main task is in creating concepts for social media and original designs for the website. They are also in charge of the distribution of the magazine online.
What we’re looking for?
The ideal candidate would be young Cairenes from high school, college or fresh grads, passionate about the CairoContra spirit, responsible, hardworking, self-motivated, creative, and organized. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience, directly related or not. Applicants must be able to handle working to meet deadlines.
Photographer/Videographer responsibilities include creating teaser video, photography, montage and editing.
Graphic Designer responsibilities include creating original content for our social media and the website.
Social Media Moderator responsibilities include managing several social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, and/or Instagram account(s)) and planning social media campaigns & campaign budget.
How to Apply?
If you’re interested in joining Cairo Contra, send an email to email@example.com with “Creative Crew” as the subject, including the following:
- Information about any other relevant experiences that make you qualified for the position.
- If you’re applying for photographer/videographer/designer, send a creative video or design about yourself. If it is a video duration should be 3 minutes or less. (please include your age and school/college/major/job)
- If you’re applying for photographer/videographer/designer, send a sample of your photography/videography/designs – whichever is your talent – with proof of editing skills.
- If you’re applying for Social Media Director, send a description of yourself in 100 words. (please include your age and school/college/major/job).
- If you’re applying for Social Media, please suggest at least 5 creative methods to increase fan base for the website via social media.
Applicants who are primarily accepted will have to go through an interview for final selection. We just want to make sure you’re perfect for the job! CVs and cover letters are traditional and boring, and we highly appreciate creativity so give it your best shot and show us your colourful side.
*N.B: The positions mentioned above are internship/volunteer work, with experience as the main goal of these positions. The Cairo Contra Team does not offer salaries or any stable monetary rewards for that matter.